But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”

Luke 18: 16

Trinity Kids provides spiritual guidance, education, & community for children from infancy through 5th grade. For Preschool through 5th grade, the “contemplative model”; of children’s ministry is used to provide the framework for learning about the stories of the Bible, with a focus back to the gospel & salvation of Jesus Christ. Lessons and discussions are hands-on, reflective, and open-ended. Please contact Julia Guy (julia@trinityanglicanmission.org) with any questions or to learn more about Godly Play and the contemplative model.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Celebration (Dec. 29th)

Season of the Church Year: Common Time “Great Green Growing” Season (Liturgical Color: Green)
Story in Scripture: Ephesians 5:1-2 
(Journey to Bethlehem, by Josiah Strickland)


Today was a day for celebrating, feasting, and enjoying the excitement of the Christmas season. The children reflected on their time with family and friends, and the entire Christmas story was read again (until now, the story has been only read in parts, as connected with the Advent seasons’ weekly focus). Also, the children discussed the coming year and the ways in which we can glorify God in our work.... in our play... in our rest.... in our celebrations... and in our response to challenges. Ephesians 5: 1-2 was used as a connecting verse, helping the children to consider ways in which their life might be a “fragrant sacrifice” for God. You will notice that they created an orange studded with cloves as a reminder of the commitment to bring our sweet and beautiful offering to God each day. 

Guiding Questions for Discussion: 
I wonder how I might show God that I love him? 
I wonder what things God wants me to do this year so that I can be my very best me?  
I wonder what things I might sacrifice/ give up in order to please God? (i.e. anger, jealousy, laziness, exclusion)  
I wonder what things I might begin to do that will please God and bring glory to him? (i.e. helping others, patience, prayer, sharing, inclusion)
Prayer: 
“Father, thank you for bringing us safely to another year! You have loved us well and we hope to love you well too. Teach us to give up things that are not best for us and to begin things that help us to glorify you. Amen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment